Ah, the pursuit of wealth! It’s like chasing after that elusive ice cream truck on a hot summer day. We all dream of financial stability, the freedom to do what we love, and the power to enjoy life on our own terms. Personally, I just want to be secure in the knowledge that I can buy groceries at the end of the month without a credit card! That is basically why I started an online income-earning system by learning the fundamentals along the way.
Unfortunately, becoming wealthy is as tough as stumbling upon a winning lottery ticket or finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. It’s an ugly truth, but building monetary wealth takes time, effort, dedication, and detail. One of the best-selling financial authors of our age is Robert Kiyosaki, who wrote ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad‘. He said, “I believe that one key to success is to accept truth – no matter how it’s spoken.”
Products we independently select, and share may have an attached link to a merchant — we may receive a small commission if you choose to click on the link and buy, which does not affect the initial price. Home Style Street is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising for and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
I want to encourage you, on your journey to running your own business, to stay with it. However, I’ll be brutally honest about the behind-the-scenes experiences I’ve learned on my journey. Use this site as a truthful look into the world of online marketing.
Becoming wealthy is not for the faint-hearted. It requires a deliberate and disciplined approach. While YouTube is all about telling us that we could be earning hundreds of dollars a day, it is possible but it is not instant or easy. Luck may play a small part, like finding a forgotten $20 bill in your old jeans, but it’s mostly about embracing those fundamental principles that will guide you through the financial maze.
There are literally oceans of possibilities for making money online and it is not oversaturated as some may lead you to believe. It’s constantly evolving and opportunities are endless if you persevere in educating yourself as you grow. It can result in a life filled with financial freedom. It can bring you a monthly income you never imagined possible. But it takes a lot of time. Let’s get to the basics.
Goal Setting and Planning.
- Set a goal such as how much money you would like to make each month. Be truthful; $10,000 or more? Let that goal drive you.
- Define your “Why” Why do you want to make this income? Your family? Status? Supplemental? Let that be your motivation.
Deciding on a Method to Use
- Choose the system you’re going to use to reach those goals such as affiliate marketing, selling creatives through platforms like Etsy or eBay, setting up a store on Shopify, making and selling printables like t-shirts, mugs, frames, wall art, or a specific product you produce or products you import from Alibaba. There are so many more to choose from. Let me recommend that you watch a lot of YouTube. Some are boring, but you’ll usually walk away from an article with at least one thing you didn’t know.
- Outline the steps required to begin your chosen system. Break it down into smaller, actionable tasks, and regularly review and adjust your plan as needed. A well-thought-out plan provides direction and focus, helping you make informed decisions that align with your wealth-building objectives.
Financial and Knowledge Information
- Make a list of the equipment it’s going to take to get your system going.
- Sum up the costs (if any) and the way you’re going to finance materials.
- Consider getting a business tax ID. If you have to buy materials and you plan to file taxes on your business, you can get wholesale prices and write the purchases off on your income tax. An accountant is also a good idea to consult with. It’s free.
- Learn the basics of your system and keep a journal or notebook of important reference material.
- Organize the materials of your system for optimal performance.
- Continuously expand your knowledge through books, courses, seminars, and engaging with financial professionals.
Saving and Budgeting
- Naturally, keep a record of your expenses and income. This helps you track where your money goes.
- Differentiate between needs and wants, prioritizing necessary expenses and avoiding unnecessary splurges.
- In the beginning, your earnings should go back into your business in the form of programs or instruction that will enhance your system performance.
Keep Multiple Systems Separate
- Do explore opportunities for diversifying your income streams. Become familiar with side hustles that align with your skills and interests. Multiple income streams provide stability, increase earning potential, and accelerate wealth creation.
- Make a schedule of daily tasks and stick to it. It will help alleviate burnout and steer your activities to better productivity.
- Debt can impede your progress toward wealth creation if mismanaged.
- Avoid unnecessary debt and focus on paying off high-interest debts first.
- Use debt strategically, such as for investments or business ventures that generate positive returns.
- Monitor your debt-to-income ratio and maintain a good credit score, as it impacts your financial opportunities.
- Effective debt management frees up resources for wealth accumulation.
Networking and Collaboration
- Building a strong professional network by joining social media groups and participating in conversations.
- Seek collaboration through websites conducive to the same interests as you have.
- Find inspiration through programs that may align with your interests.
Have Fun on Your Journey
Don’t let hyped-up articles blind you to the reality of the objective, but do listen to what they have to say because they give you little hidden gems, like websites you weren’t aware of that can solve a problem for you or provide a shortcut to a task.
There will be a lot of growing pains trying to build your business. Keep in mind that perseverance and constant curiosity are your ship and sails. Perseverance will carry you far and curiosity will fill your sails with the wind you need to push forward. If you approach this goal with the attitude that you’re taking your business seriously, you will find a lot of fun and self-satisfaction throughout this odyssey!